SMYTH COMPOSITES LTD was formed in 1988 and has rapidly built up a reputation as a premier manufacturer of Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) flat sheet products in the United Kingdom. Operating from our own 38,000 square foot factory based in Carnoustie, Angus the company supplies customers the length and breadth of the United Kingdom, several countries in Europe and has most recently entered in to distribution agreements with organisations based in the USA and the Middle East.
The Management Team
The company’s ethos is based on QUALITY AND SERVICE and our long-standing and loyal customer base is a testament to our desire to maintain and improve our standards in every possible area.
Best Policy: All staff at Smyth Composites embrace the D.T.I. initiative of “BEST PRACTICE” policy for a growing business. These include:
- BEST available working conditions
- BEST policies for health & safety
- BEST possible levels of customer service
- BEST recognized quality levels
- BEST path to growth and sustainability
Of the 34 people currently employed by the company, 70% have been in the business for an average of 8 or more years. We wish dearly to preserve our reputation for excellent customer service by doing everything necessary to ensure our customers receive the best assistance, information and advice we can offer.
Smyth Composites in the Community
As a business, and as a local employer of over 30 people, we recognise the fact that we have a responsibility to support initiatives in both the local and global community.
Not only do we feel proud to assist in some wonderful ventures, but it also serves to keep our feet firmly on the ground, recognise the fortitude of the human spirit, and hopefully set an example to motivate others to “pitch in” whenever possible. Some of these ventures include:
- Donating 4 sets of football strips and football boots to BAKU School in Gambia
- Meeting the cost of building a refuge centre for street children in Rwanda
- Sponsorship of local kids football teams in Carnoustie
- Assisting / sponsoring a soup kitchen in Dundee
- Contributions towards obtaining a “Bronze” for Carnoustie from Scotland in Bloom.