Smyth Composites have manufactured flat sheet solid GRP (FybaTex) panels for use in a number of applications for many years. Recently, for a multitude of reasons, these panels have more and more often been utilised as Ballast Board and Parapet Screens by the rail industry.
Benefits of Using GRP Boards
- Excellent Strength to Weight Ratios
- Require little, if any, Maintenance
- Long Life, due to the fact they won’t Corrode or Deteriorate
- Lighter than Traditional Materials
- Easily Cut/Drilled on Site for Simple Installation
- Excellent anti-U.V. Properties to Stave off Colour Fade
- Excellent anti-Graffiti / Vandal Properties
FybaTex Panels are very versatile as they come in:
- Thicknesses from 2.5mm to 20mm thick
- Sheets cut to size up to 3000mm x 1500mm
- Any RAL / BS Colour
- Various Smooth or Textured Finishes
- Can be Supplied to BS 476 Pt7 Fire Ratings
GRP Ballast Boards are excellent for protecting rail-side equipment, retaining track-side ballast and stabilising embankments.
Boards can be supplied per-drilled, cut to shape and recessed if required.
Small orders are normally delivered in 8 – 10 working days, larger orders 3 – 4 weeks.